Lifestyles over 50 Finance & Money
What is the home you’re buying/selling really worth?
It is important for your home to be priced correctly from the start to attract the right buyers and shorten the time that it’s on the market. You need someone who is not emotionally connected to your home to give you the truth. A real estate professional has tools and resources to allow you to determine the value of a property.
Have a good negotiator on your side.
Many times this means a realtor or real estate professional. Not only are they skilled in the negotiation process but they are also familiar with the home market and how to position your side of the transition to achieve a favorable outcome.
If you are working with a realtor here are 10 things to keep in mind. They may seem simple, but surprisingly they are not always well executed.
For Buyers and Sellers:
- Be on time and prepare for appointment, including writing down any questions.
- Be responsive in communication; answer phone calls or texts.
- Be patient and polite; it can be an emotional process.
- Be honest and communicate thoughts and feelings with your realtor.
For a seller:
- Use a For Sale sign.
- Keep house clean and uncluttered.
- Allow showing appointments.
- Leave during Open House.
For a buyer:
- Listen to the advice of your realtor.
- Do not make any major expenditures during your transaction.
Seek the experience and knowledge of a real estate professional who wants to bring your transaction to a happy conclusion. Additionally, they are familiar with what works and what does not. They can be objective and see things how a buyer and seller might see them and help you best position you for success.
Elissa Clausnitzer, SRS is a licensed Realtor with Weichert Realtors and has over 30 years of experience in real estate. Elissa specializes in helping boomers and seniors achieve their goals in their next step in life. Call her at 610-573-0386.