Articles, activities for boomers & seniors
The key to living life well is living in an environment where everything is in place to make that happen for you. Here are 5 reasons why people who live in Life Plan Communities live longer, healthier and more vibrantly than people who don’t…
1. Life Plan Communities build environments that are rich in physical resources (such as walking trails, fitness centers, pools, game rooms, pubs, lounges, craft rooms, etc.). Residential settings with resources that promote every day physical activity are important to aging well.
2. Life Plan Communities provide education and social activities. Lifelong learning, programs, events and activities encourage connectedness and socialization among the people who live in Life Plan Communities. Research supports the fact that being socially connected is a key contributor to improved quality of life.
3. Life Plan Communities create an abundance of opportunities to be vocationally productive, even after leaving the workforce. Having the opportunity to volunteer within the Life Plan Community…in the library, chapel, visitor center, gift shop, general store and even on the campus grounds, contributes to self-fulfillment and personal productivity. Being productive and feeling fulfilled are essential to holistic wellness.
4. Life Plan Communities remove the burdens of home maintenance and home ownership. The upkeep and maintenance of your home, appliances and systems can threaten your safety, independence and finances. Life Plan Communities remove these threats by providing maintenance-free living where snow removal, lawn care, landscaping and housekeeping services are services performed by the Life Plan Community.
Removing these burdens creates the time and freedom for you to pursue hobbies, special interests and passions that you don’t have when burdened with upkeep, maintenance and home ownership responsibilities. Re-purposing the time in your life away from burdens is healthy.
5. Life Plan Communities include health care services for life. Perhaps there is no greater ‘peace of mind’ knowing you have a plan in place for whatever health issues lie ahead.
Life Plan Communities provide a plan for healthcare accommodations and services for people living there, if they need assisted living, memory support care or 24/7 nursing care.
That means people who live in Life Plan Communities don’t have to relocate away from their home and friends in the community to get the care they need.
Morningstar Living owns and operates two Life Plan Communities in Nazareth, PA: Moravian Hall Square and Heritage Village.