Lifestyles over 50 Finance & Money
No two home buyers are alike, but they share similar motivations. As a realtor I need to understand my client’s desires, their likes and dislikes and most importantly why they are buying. The range of motivations is a cross-section of human desires. By understanding my client’s motivation I can streamline the house hunting experience. I can save them time, they will have an enjoyable experience and will find a home that much more quickly.
Knowing what a client wants and needs will result in getting the right home for the right price. Herein are some of the motivations that I discover as I talk to my clients.
- COMFORT: They are looking for a state of ease and satisfaction. They want to be able to feel relaxed in their new home. Furnishing their new home in their own style will give them the feeling that this is their home and that it is just right for them.
- CONVENIENCE: They want a home that saves time or simplifies their life. You might want a home that is close to work or close to the schools for your children. Perhaps you want to live near loved ones. This important aspect cannot be overlooked.
- ENTERTAINMENT: They need a home that will bring pleasure or amusement for their own needs and wants and for their guests. This may be done by finding a home that has a patio that you want for entertaining or barbecuing. A client may want a large yard for their children or their pets - an area where they can run and play in safety.
- SECURITY: They want to be free from danger, anxiety, doubt. My task is to find a home where a family feels safe. A place where their children or grandchildren can play and be safe from traffic or other dangers.
- PRESTIGE: If having a home that will reflect well on my clients is what they want then that is what I will look for. It can be a home that is beautifully built or it can be a home in a coveted neighborhood. Either way I need to know my client's motivation.
- RECREATION: They want to be able to relax and enjoy. This can have several aspects. Perhaps the family likes to be outdoors in a park or be near camping or hiking facilities. Some families love to go skiing or perhaps enjoy water sports.
- VALUE: They are looking for a home that will make them money. You can never overlook the desire to see your home's value rise. This can make future financing easier or make purchasing the next house possible.
- ECONOMY: They are looking for a home that will save them money. No one wants to overpay for a house. Likewise you do not want to stretch your budget so far that living day to day is made difficult.
- HEALTH: They are looking for a home that is free from disrepair or danger
For expert help with making this decision, you need the wisdom and experience of Elissa Clausnitzer of Weichert Realtors. Elissa prides herself in giving clients the straight truth if they should decide to move or simply stay in their current living situation.