Lifestyles over 50 Finance & Money
Disability compensation is a tax-free monetary benefit paid to Veterans with disabilities that are the result of a disease or injury incurred or aggravated during active military service. tinyurl.com/y442rk9n
Allowance for Aid and Attendance or Housebound Veterans
Veterans determined by VA to be in need of the regular aid and attendance (A&A) of another person, or permanently housebound, may be entitled to additional disability compensation or pension payments. tinyurl.com/y442rk9n
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
VR&E provides services to eligible service members and Veterans with service-connected disabilities and an employment handicap to help them to prepare for, obtain, and maintain suitable employment. tinyurl.com/yxoct3h4
Home Loan Guaranty
VA home loan guaranties are issued to help eligible service members and certain surviving spouses obtain homes, condominiums, and manufactured homes, and to refinance loans.
VA has a special office to help small and disadvantaged businesses get information on VA acquisition opportunities
Survivors Pension is a tax-free benefit payable to low-income surviving spouses or children who have not married/remarried since the death of the Veteran.
Appeals of VA Claims Decisions
Veterans and other claimants for VA benefits have the right to appeal decisions made by VA
Dependents & Survivors Benefits
Certain dependents and survivors can receive reimbursement for most medical expenses – inpatient, outpatient, mental health, prescription medication, skilled nursing care and durable medical equipment.
Military Medals and Records
Medals awarded while in active service are issued by the individual military services if requested by Veterans or their next of kin.
Education and Training
Eligible participants are entitled to receive a percentage of the cost of in-state tuition and fees at public institutions or the tuition and fees capped at a national maximum rate for private or foreign schools. tinyurl.com/y56rzjht
Common Ground Farm and Retreat
The perfect place to disconnect with the urgent, so you can reconnect with the important. Stay with us for a day, a weekend or even a week, and get grounded! commongroundretreat.com
Eastern Amputee Golf Association
The Eastern Amputee Golf Association (EAGA) was formed by those who were interested in developing a regional amputee golf association. eagagolf.org
Pennsylvania Outdoor Veterans
The mission of Pennsylvania Outdoor Veterans is to reduce veteran suicide through the healing nature and camaraderie developed during outdoor activities such as camping, hunting and fshing. paoutdoorveterans.org
Team RWB (Lehigh Valley Chapter)
To enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity. teamrwb.org/chapter/team-rwb-lehigh-valley-pa
Team River Runner (Lehigh Valley Chapter)
TRR provides health and healing for military injured, active duty, veterans and disabled members of our community through therapeutic kayaking. tinyurl.com/yxcwden7
Handicapped Scuba Association
Course Directors and Instructors all around the world conduct a wide range of classes on an ongoing basis throughout the year. hsanjscuba.com
What Is VA Pension?
Pension is a needs-based beneft paid to wartime Veterans, who meet certain age or non-service connected disability requirements.
Who Is Eligible?
You may be eligible if:
• You were discharged from service under other than dishonorable conditions, AND
• You served 90 days or more of active duty with at least 1 day during a period of war time, AND
• Your countable income is below the maximum annual pension rate (MAPR), AND
• You meet the net worth limitations, AND
• You are age 65 or older, OR,
• You have a permanent and total non-service connected disability, OR,
• You are patient in a nursing home, OR you are receiving Social Security disability benefts. For info: tinyurl.com/yxvmmf38
LVMAC - Lehigh Valley’s comprehensive source of information relevant to veterans. lv-mac.org Allentown VA Outpatient Clinic 3110 Hamilton Blvd, Allentown (610) 776-4304. tinyurl.com/yy84f5u6 Lehigh County Veterans Affairs 17 S 7th St, Allentown, (610) 782-3295. tinyurl.com/y3xcddgc Northampton County Veterans 2801 Emrick Blvd, Bethlehem (610) 829-4875 tinyurl.com/y69pwt2u Department of Veterans Affairs - va.gov Veterans Crisis Line - 800-273-8255, Press 1
What Is Enhanced Or Special Monthly Pension?
Aid And Attendance (A&A)
A&A is an increased monthly pension amount paid to a
Veteran or surviving spouse. You may be eligible if:
• You require the aid of another person in order to perform activities of daily living, such as bathing, feeding, dressing, toileting, adjusting prosthetic devices, or protecting yourself from the hazards of your daily environment, OR
• You are bedridden, in that your disability or disabilities requires that you remain in bed apart from any prescribed course of convalescence or treatment, OR
• You are a patient in a nursing home due to mental or physical incapacity, OR
• You have corrected visual acuity of 5/200 or less in both eyes or concentric contraction of the visual feld to 5 degrees or less. For more info go to: tinyurl.com/yybydyax
|Bass Pro Shops||5%|
|Golden Corral||Visit site|
|National Parks||Visit site|
|Sesame Place||Visit site|
|Verizon Wireless||See site|
|DISCLAIMER Merchants have no obligation to extend discounts to any patron. Lifestyles over 50 and Trive Media disclaim any and all liability in the event a merchant goes out of business or refuses to honor savings for any reason, such as printing errors or damages resulting from a discount listing user's attempt to cause a merchant to honor|